Kids and Teens Gym
Our kids and teens gym caters for children and young adolescents who require an individualised gym program. Whether this is for general fitness, co-ordination, strengthening or sports specific training; management of a chronic disease such as diabetes or asthma; or a natural progression toward taking control of their own condition, our paediatric physiotherapists are there to guide, modify and progress each individual to help achieve their goals.
Programs are designed by our physiotherapists and can be tailored for children of all abilities, as well as those not old enough to attend an adult gym.
These sessions are suitable for children eight years of age and older. Our goal for these individuals is to progress onto attending our gym independently, supervised under our Gym Membership program (two month membership with unlimited sessions).
These sessions are ideal for:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Global Developmental Delay
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders / Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Scoliosis and other Postural conditions
- Hypermobility Syndromes and Arthritis
- Asthma and other Respiratory conditions
- Musculoskeletal and Sporting injury rehabilitation
- Diabetes and Weight management
- Developmental co-ordination disorder and Low muscle tone
When does Gym run?
Monday to Friday afternoons throughout the year.
- Coorparoo 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Parkwood 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Sessions run for 30 minutes with a maximum of four clients per physiotherapist.
Programs focus on a number of goals:
- Strength, flexibility, fitness
- Co-ordination and balance
- Correction of posture and optimising walking/running technique
- Mood and behaviour management
Initial Assessment: $80/half hour, conducted prior to starting in the gym to allow for the development of a safe and appropriate program.
Gym : $25 / session
Pre-paid package: $225 (nine sessions with the tenth session complimentary)
A review session: $80/ half hour with Gym physiotherapist or price as per individual treating physiotherapy (see table of costs), conducted at the completion of each term with either the treating or gym physiotherapist to evaluate progress, re-establish goals and progress program for the upcoming term.